1. Race for Science is only available to customers who are 16 and older. Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Tickets you purchase are for personal use and cannot be exchanged, transferred or sold on for profit. Breach of this condition will entitle Prostate Cancer Research Centre to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
3. Tickets for Race for Science are subject to availability. We have the capacity for 100 people in each timeslot. When we reach capacity we are sold out!
4. Our contact details are included at the end of these Terms & Conditions. Our preferred method to contact you is by email. You should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
5. An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate, but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
6. Pricing is subject to change at any time and without notice.
7. Tickets must be shown on either a digital device or printed when arriving at the Game. Please ensure you have access to either of these on arrival as we will not admit customers without a valid ticket.
8. Once you have purchased a ticket to the Game, via the online ticketing service, Prostate Cancer Research Centre will email you nearer to the day of the Game with full details about the location and timings for the game that will be participating in.
CANCELLATION RIGHTS AND REFUNDS
9. Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased. Other than for the reasons set out below.
10. If Prostate Cancer Research Centre cancels the Game or makes significant changes to the venue, date, or start time, Prostate Cancer Research Centre will try to inform you. You will usually be contacted by email for online bookings. In urgent cases it may be by phone. You should always check that the Game is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
11. Decisions to change or cancel Games are the responsibility of Prostate Cancer Research Centre. Prostate Cancer Research Centre cannot guarantee to inform you of any change or cancellation of any event or be held responsible for refunds or for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation.
12. If the Game is rescheduled, changed or moved, Prostate Cancer Research Centre will usually give you the option of either exchanging your tickets for a new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund. If the Game is cancelled by Prostate Cancer Research Centre you will normally be offered a refund. Please note that the Administration Fees are not refundable in these circumstances.
ATTENDING THE GAME
13. You will be playing in open public spaces throughout a designated city, and we will not be supervising you. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not put yourself or others at risk of injury or harm. The Game is a physical attraction, if you are doubtful that you may be able to take part please contact us for more information.
14. During the course of the Game you may be subject to photo, video, and/or audio recording. We may use these recordings to enhance your experience or to provide you with a record of your experience. Prostate Cancer Research Centre may put these photos and recordings on our website or Facebook for marketing purposes. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to have your photo used.
15. At least one member of your team will need to bring a charged smartphone with a data plan in order to participate in the experience.
16. You should dress appropriately for the weather. You should wear comfortable footwear as you will be walking or running throughout.
17. We advise you to arrive at least 15 minutes before your allocated start time. Your exact start time will be emailed to you by Prostate Cancer Research Centre as part of your booking confirmation pack. This pack will also give you detailed information about how the Game will run, where to go and what to wear for the game.
18. If you are running late for the Game, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to play. We will not be able to refund your ticket if you are late and unable to play.
19. During the Game, you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the Game). Prostate Cancer Research Centre has the right to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these include if you are involved with physical or verbal assaults to Prostate Cancer Research Centre’s staff, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
20. Upon arrival at the Game, you will be required to sign a health and safety waiver. Failure to sign this will result in you being unable to play the Game, and no refund will be offered. This is in line with our health and safety policy.
21. We suggest keeping your valuables with you, as Prostate Cancer Research Centre has no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage of any kind suffered at or in connection with any event (including loss, damage or theft any personal property at a Game).
22. We suggest that you travel light to the Game as we cannot store bags and belongings whilst you are playing the game. Please note that the start and finish points of the game may be at different locations.
23. In order to ensure the best experience for all of our players we can only have a certain number of teams per game. We may, at our discretion, join single players up into a team.
24. Your information will be shared by Prostate Cancer Research Centre with and any third parties that require such access for the purpose of running the Game. Prostate Cancer Research Centre shall not share your information with any other third party without your consent unless required by law.
25. If you have expressly given your consent to Prostate Cancer Research Centre for receiving marketing or other information, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive further material, please update your contact preferences.
27. Prostate Cancer Research Centre cannot be liable in any way for the acts or omissions of others. However, Prostate Cancer Research Centre does not seek to exclude its liability to you for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited.
28. These terms and conditions do not create any rights or obligations enforceable by or against anyone other than Prostate Cancer Research Centre and you.
29. The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by English law and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and Prostate Cancer Research Centre are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Still confused? Email email@example.com
SAFETY & LEGALS
You’ll be playing in open public spaces, and we will not be supervising you. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you don’t put yourself or others at risk of injury or harm.
We suggest keeping your valuables with you, since we’re not responsible for anything that gets lost, stolen, or broken.
We sometimes have photographers at our games, both for Fire Hazard publicity and to provide photos to players. We’ll put these up on the site and facebook. If you’d rather not, it’s no problem – just let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your participation in our games including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or personal injury or death. We hereby exclude all liability arising from your participation in our games.
By purchasing your ticket and attending Race for Science, you’re agreeing to these terms.